The TREND-350 is a guardrail end-terminal designed to absorb the kinetic energy of an impacting vehicle on the end of a road safety barrier. Upon frontal impacts within NCHRP 350 criteria, the TREND™ 350 absorbs energy by creating friction between the guardrail panels and deformation of the rail sections as they slide rearward over the adjoining panels. During design side impacts, the yielding posts laterally support the rail sections, smoothly redirecting the impacting vehicle.The terminal is designed to reduce the problems associated with impacting vehicles, such as spearing, vaulting and roll over.
The TREND-350 is fully compliant to NCHRP-350 Test Level 3 as a gating re-directive energy absorbing terminal (GREAT). The system is 11.4m long and is suitable for speeds up to 100km/h. The point of need located at Post 3.
· Narrow impact head provides less obstruction to ongoing maintenance operations.
· All-steel galvanized design for longer life and durability.
Assembly and Repair Advantages:
· May be used for applications between 705mm and 787mm high.
· Minimal assembly required.
· 100% galvanized steel components reduce weather or UV related issues.
· Contained debris field after impact.
· Length: 11.4m
· Post Spacing: 1.905m
· Weight: 365kg
Trend-350 End Terminal General Arrangement 1 of 2
Trend-350 End Terminal General Arrangement 2 of 2